Today my students began blogging in full force. Here’s what I’ve learned so far.
You shouldn’t assume that…
1. They know what blogs are.
2. They know the difference between a website and an email address.
3. They know the difference between a username and an email address.
4. They can find Google, Blogger, or their email.
5. They will remember how to do this on their own, even after you’ve explained it 20 times in class.
You can, however, be sure that they will find ridiculous pictures online and know immediately how to upload them to their blogs.