Lessons I learned from the awesome cooking class at the Culinary Institute of Virginia:
1. Bleached flour is bad. It’s even illegal in Europe.
2. All-purpose flour is a lie, particularly in the South. Use bread flour for pizza dough.
3. Whole wheat flour is not that much healthier than the other stuff.
4. If you really want to make awesome pizza, you have to buy a pizza stone. Having an oven lined with fire-bricks also helps, but is not necessary.
5. Learning how to make pizza dough is also apparently a sure-fire way to impress people. I’ve never gotten so many comments or likes on a facebook post.