And here’s what I’m trying out this semester…
I’ve switched my class website from Google Sites to Blogger. Saw some other teachers on Twitter who use a blog as their website for students, and this seemed like a really good idea. My students will be able to subscribe to the blog, so there’s a better chance they’ll actually visit the site.
I created a Youtube channel for my students. I’ve put together a lot of videos for my students over the past few years, and I started thinking that it would just make sense to start putting everything in one easy-to-find place. So, Youtube it is.
I’m passing the video-making torch to my students. I’m going to try to get my speaking students to make videos this session which will be posted on my Youtube channel (yes, that was a misplaced modifier, and yes, I was probably the only one who noticed such a glaring grammatical error in my own writing, but whatever.)
I’m making writing and reading classes all Google docs, all the time. It’s so much easier to collect assignments this way, and the students like it. (I don’t know if that’s a project exactly, but again, whatever.)
Here’s to another session!